YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ALL PII HEREUNDER IS PROVIDED AT YOUR VOLITION AND THAT YOU ARE NOT LEGALLY REQUIRED TO PROVIDE ANY PII TO THE COMPANY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICES.
We recognize that privacy is important. This policy applies to all of the services, information, tools, features and functionality available on the Services offered by the Company or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and covers how PII that the Company collects and receives, including in respect of any use of the Services, is treated.
Please also read Israel Canada's Term of Use at: https://english.ichotels.co.il/terms-and-conditions, which describe the terms under which you use our Services.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide and improve our Services, we may collect PII, including the following types of information:
- Information You Provide. For registration purposes we ask you for personal information, including: name, email address, mailing address, birth date, gender, ID number and phone number. We do not collect credit card information and payments are made directly through the payment companies. [Note: Please confirm that you do not collect or process any credit card information (even 4 last digits). Otherwise, it would trigger privacy and PCI obligations]
- Third Parties.We sometimes receive your PII from third parties, including without limitation the travel agency where you made your booking reservation and third party booking platforms.
- User Communications. When you send emails or other communication to the Company, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services. We may send you push notifications and SMS messages to send you news and updates in respect of the Services. If you join our customer loyalty program, place an order and/or leave your contact information, we may also send you promotional communications, you may opt-out of this service at any time by clicking: (i) “remove from mailing list” in the email communication, (ii) “remove” in the SMS communication, or sending an e-mail to: [email protected].
- User Information. When you use the Services, we may automatically receive and record information from yourbrowser, including without limitation PII such as information and statistics about your online/offline status, your geo-location, your IP address, cookie information, visitor traffic, page hits, site referral information, downloads, access times, internet service provider, search history, type of browser, track clickstream behavior (e.g. the pages you view, the links you click and any other actions you take using the Services), order history, service preference, the address of the website from which you arrived at the Services, your regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes. Our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Services. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your browser on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. The Company uses all of the PII that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users.
Aggregate and Analytical Data.In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the customers of the Services, we often conduct research on its customer demographics and behavior based on the PII and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents, service providersand business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Cookies. In order to collect the data described herein we may use temporary cookies that remain on your browser for a limited period of time. We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your browser until the Services are removed, in order to manage and maintain the Services and record your use of the Services. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your browser. Cookies do not damage your browser. Most browser may allow you to block cookies but you may not be able to use some features on the Services if you block them. We also use third party cookies such as Facebook. We also use web beacons via the Services to collect information. Web beacons or "gifs", are electronic images that may be used in our Services. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies and count visits. [Any third party cookies?]
- Links. Links to other services, sites and applications may be provided by the Company as a convenience to our users. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other sites and applications and you visit them at your own risk. This privacy statement applies solely to PII collected by us.
- Children. The Company will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
- Information Sharing. As part of providing the Services, our affiliates, agents, service providers, payment companies and representatives may have access to your PII. The Company may also share PII in the following circumstances: (a) as required for the provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services, including without limitation for payment confirmation and cancellation of orders; (b) if we become involved in a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, with any type of entity, whether public, private, foreign or local; and/or (c) to satisfy applicable law or prevention of fraud or harm or to enforce applicable agreements and/or their terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof.
- Information Security and Retention. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We keep your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- Data Integrity, Accessing and Updating Personal Information. The Company processes PII only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this policy or any applicable service agreements. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the PII needed to provide or improve our Services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the PII we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their PII whenever necessary. Nothing in this policy is interpreted as an obligation to store information, and we may, at our own discretion, delete or avoid from recording and storing any and all information.
- Enforcement. The Company regularly reviews its compliance with this policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this policy or our treatment of PII by contacting us as provided above. When we receive formal written complaints it is the Company's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of PII that cannot be resolved between the Company and an individual.
- Consent To Processing. By providing any PII to us pursuant to this policy, all users fully understand and unambiguously consent to this policy and to the collection and processing of such PII abroad. The server on which the Services are hosted and/or through which the Services are processed may be outside the country from which you access the Services and may be outside your country of residence. Some of the uses and disclosures mentioned in this policy may involve the transfer of your PII to various countries around the world that may have different levels of privacy protection than your country. By submitting your PII through the Services, you freely consent, acknowledge, and agree that we may collect, use, transfer, and disclose your PII as described in this policy. If you do not consent to the terms of this policy, please do not use the Services.
- Questions.If you have any questions about this policy or concerns about the way we process your PII, please contact us at [email protected].
Last Date Updated: February 1, 2021